Thursday, October 6, 2011

Learning Loft Tour

This was our schoolroom last year...

 

We were basically homeless (we lived with my parents while our home was being renovated) and we chose to do school in the tiny apartment under our new house (our house is on the 2nd floor of our building...the apartment is 1/2 way between the 1st floor and the 2nd floor...confusing, I know).  It was small and we were constantly dealing with construction.  It was a mess.

We've come a LOOOOONG way since last year.  We moved into our new place over the summer and I've been working super hard to try to get our home somewhat in order.  The schoolroom was first priority!

We call it the Learning Loft...


Its nowhere near what I have imagined in my head and it will always be a work in progress, but I love it none the less.  If you're confused on what kind of room this is, its a step up kind of loft - our living room is directly to the left.  The back half of the Learning Loft (not pictured) is my craft area...one of these days when its a little more organized, I'll show ya!

Our Alphabet cards (above the chalkboard)


Calendar (this was taken before I actually finished it)


 Marvel's desk.


Captain's (and sometimes Monkey's) desk.


 Art & poster area.


 Some storage
- extra paper, pens, glue, scissors, puzzles, instruments, puppets, blocks, Lincoln Logs...
 

Our school library and storage.


 Reading nook tent.


 My favorite art in the house...Marvel made these in Kindergarten and 1st grade and I love them!
They hang to the sides of the reading tent.


So there you have it, our Learning Loft / School Room!


Check out what others use for their school rooms here:

3 comments:

  1. Julie,

    Did you make your alphabet cards? They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krystal! Yes, I did. One of these days I'll get around to uploading them so you can print them out yourself!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Krystal! Yes, I did. One of these days I'll get around to uploading them so you can print them out yourself!

    ReplyDelete