Monday, October 31, 2011

Bucket Lists...

...I've never really had an official one.  I suppose I'm always adding to a list that is somewhere up there in the dusty attic I call my mind.  I try not to live with regrets.  I don't ever want to look back and say "I shoulda, coulda, woulda..."  If I were to die tomorrow, I don't want to regret not doing anything on some imaginary list, but rather want to know that what I've accomplished thus far was great and a mighty adventure in and of itself.  

But today is the day I think I'll write some things down officially.  Not really because I've been thinking about it or because I particularly want all of the world wide web to know about it, but because I want to enter this contest.  Its all for selfish reasons, I know! 

To enter I only have to list 15 things, so here they are (thus far and in no particular order):


1 - Travel (perhaps live) abroad with my husband and kids.  I want to show them where history was actually made.  What an amazing homeschooling adventure that would be!


2 - Learn to REALLY play an instrument.  Guitar, piano...perhaps the fiddle.


3 - Get a REALLY nice camera and take pictures everywhere I go...annoyingly so!


4 - Go to Florida with my husband where he served a 2 year mission for our church and see it through his young 19 year old eyes!


5 - Design and build my own house with my husband.


6 - Live on a cattle ranch.


7 - Have a girl.


8 - Have an old big beautiful barn that I can throw fun, beautiful parties/weddings in.


9 - Learn a language.
10 - Sell one (or more) of my sewing designs to a big company and sit back and make lots of moola off of them without actually having to sew it all myself!

11 - Go back to school.  Just for fun.  I'd love to take some cooking, photography, design, sewing...classes...learn to do it all for real.


12 - Be financially stable enough so I can help others like me now.


13 - Make my own cheese.


14 - Get fit so I can keep up with my kiddos.


15 - Ride a white horse down the beach while wearing a white dress.  Don't know why, but this has always been a fantasy of mine :-)


Well there you have it.  The beginnings of my bucket list adventures!
What's on YOUR bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment