Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Drying Apples

Remember those apples we picked last week?  Well I was afraid they'd go to waste since we weren't eating them fast enough.  Over the summer my sister came to visit and she gave my boys some dried apples she had made.  My oldest LOVED them (don't know why they were any different from the ones I've given him in the past), so when we brought all of these apples home, he asked if we could dry some like his aunt did.

Today we finally did it.

My boys had SO much fun!

A couple of years ago my mom gave me an apple peeler/corer/slicer.  Its pretty nifty, but honestly I've never used.  I haven't had the need...until now.

My oldest said, "Mom, this is SO much fun!  We should do this more often!" (Ignore all the stuff on my counters...my cabinets still aren't finished, so I have to store some stuff on the counters...really stinks!).



After we sliced all of the apples, we dunked them in water with a little lemon juice, so the apples wouldn't turn brown.


Then we placed them in the dehydrator.  We ran it over night and in the morning, the apples were ready to eat!  Easy-peasy!


Unfortunately I don't have an after picture, since the apples got eaten SO fast I didn't have time to take a picture!  They were YUM-MEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment