Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Individual Meatloaves

This has been a family favorite of ours for years.  Lets face it, the best part of meatloaf (or most meat in general) is always the end pieces.  I think that's why neither my husband or I are not big fans of regular meatloaf...because we normally don't get to the end first!  When you make them small likes this, everyone wins - you ALL get the end piece!  I originally got this recipe from McCormick - I picked it up in a grocery store when we were first married (so like 10 years ago).  I've made a few adjustments - we like more sauce on top, so the sauce is doubled (if you don't like that, you can cut it in 1/2).  When our family was smaller, I would make all 8, cook 4 in an 8x8" pan and freeze the other 4 uncooked in another 8x8" pan.  When I was ready to use them, I'd just thaw 'em, then cook as directed.  Now if I want to freeze some for later, I have to double the recipe.  But its totally worth it not to have to cook one night!




We almost always serve these with some kind of potatoes...our favorite being Texas Potatoes...I'll post the recipe one of these days!
  • 2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cup ketchup, divided
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 2 Tbsp parsley flakes
  • 2 Tbsp minced onion
  • 1 tsp ground dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp Season-All seasoned salt
  • 1 tsp basil leaves
  • 1 tsp oregano leaves
Preheat oven to 375°. Combine meat, egg, 3/4 cup ketchup, bread crumbs, parsley, onion, mustard, and seasoned salt. Mix thoroughly; shape into 8 loaves. Place in 9”x13” baking pan. Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, basil, and oregano; spoon over loaves. Bake for 35 minutes or until done (165° on meat thermometer).

Serves 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment