Monday, September 12, 2011

Hawaiian Chicken

This is a childhood favorite of mine.  It was passed on from a lady at church to my mom, who gave it to me.  It really is very easy to make, it just takes a little time for the marinading (although I don't always do it).  

This recipe calls for chicken thighs.  I HATE chicken thighs!  They're nasty to me. When I was probably 10 or so, I remember standing at the sink with my older sister, removing the skin off the chicken thighs (back then it was very rare to buy boneless, skinless anything).  It totally grossed me out...you could totally see the pours on the skin and there were still a few small fuzzy feathers attached.  How sick is that?  Thanks to this lovely experience, I very rarely buy skin-attached chicken.  I NEVER buy chicken thighs.  I've been scared for life!





  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp pepper, optional
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Few drops of hot sauce, optional
  • Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or pork or beef) - I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts cute in thick halves or you can use tenderloins (so many possibilities!)
Mix ingredients together (minus the meat). Pour in Ziploc bag with boneless chicken thighs. Let marinade in fridge for a few hours or over night. Pour all in baking dish. Bake at 350° for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.  Serve by spooning sauce over rice with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment