Preschool Boot Camp - My mom gave this to my preschooler and he LOVES it! It teaches pre-reading fundamentals & motor skills (tracing, letter copying, etc) and his an ABC workbook, dry-erase mats, an ABC puzzle, & ABC Bingo.
- Phonics Pathways - I may or may not use this this year. I haven't decided yet.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - I'll be using this as an introductory unit to the alphabet. Then he'll learn about a letter a week.
- Alphabet flashcards - Found these at the dollar store ages ago when my oldest was a toddler. I laminated them so they'd last longer.
- A+ Alphabet Bingo - found in the $1 section at Target.
- Magnet Letters
- A+ Alphabet Puzzle Pairs - Also found in Target's $1 bins!
- Scrabble Apple - This is great for all ages! My preschooler likes to sort the letters and my older son likes to do his spelling with them.
- Spelling Fun Wooden Puzzle
- Magnetic Learning Let's Learn Our First Words (Priddy Books)
- Super Why! The Power to Read Software - Our preschooler LOVES Super Why (in fact he was Alpha Pig & our baby was Super Why for Halloween this last year!), which has really gotten him excited about the alphabet, reading, and spelling. Our family likes the Alpha Pig ABC song much better then the traditional one! :-)
- One Was Johnny: A Counting Book - We're gonna start his counting lessons with this book, then learn a number a day or week (haven't decided yet).
- Chicka Chicka 123 - Another great counting book!
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? - Reading and learning my colors from this book is one of my few memories of kindergarten, so I want to share it with my kids!
- The M&M's Counting Books
- More M&M's Math
- Sesame Street Learn, Play & Grow: Preschool CD-Rom
- Target $1 Spot Finds:
- A+ Counting & Numbers Puzzle Pairs
- A+ Numbers 1-12 Workbook
- Crayola Creative Basics Preschool Workbooks - Shapes, Count & Connect, & Color is Fun
- A+ Time Bingo
- A+ Math Bingo
- Match-It Numbers Puzzle
- Ultimate Wipe-Off 123 (Dalmation Press)
We'll be doing science alongside his brother (just more at his level), so many of the resources are the same.
- Teacher Created Materials: My Body
- Franklin Watts Science World: Biology
- Encyclopedia of the Human Body (got this at Costco for $7.99)
- How Your Body Works - This retails for $19.99, but a couple months ago I found it in the Bargain section at Border's for $2.98, take out my Educational discount, & it was like $2.23. It has some body experiments and a book inside...its a whole kit! Very cool.
- A+ Animals: The Animal Kingdom Workbook - Target $1 spot
- The Magic School Bus Books
History will also be done alongside his brother, so we'll be using much of the same books here too.
- Story of the World: Vol. 1 - Can't wait to dig into this!
- D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths
- Everyday Life in Ancient Greece - This includes people, places, art, architecture, theatre, gods & myths, and culture (got this in Border's Bargain bin for $6.99, minus my Education discount!)
- See Through History: Ancient Rome
- See Through History: The Aztecs
- See Through History: Ancient China
- See Through History: The Incas
- DK Illustrated Dictionary of Mythology
- Great Wonders of the World
Art & Music
Not quite sure what we're going to use here yet. He'll be learning about instruments and we'll be doing a lot of singing and listening to classical music. But may or may not be learning art/music history just yet. We'll see what his brother ends up doing in school.
PE & Health
We'll be getting a family pool pass, as well as learning about the food guide pyramid & healthy eating.
- DK (Let's Explore Science) Me and My Body - We found this used bookstore in the mall that everything is $1. You really have to dig through it, but they've got some cool stuff. I really had to set a limit for myself and the kids!
In addition to the above items, I plan on doing some mini units as well.